Friday, September 3, 2010

The Raw Journey




So.. I realize I haven't written on my blog for a while. I guess I let life catch up to me. lol. So.. QUICK UPDATE:

GOD: I am growing and learning more and more things about God. The journey is not over until... well it's over! I haven't been diving into His word as much as I should. I guess sometimes I get so caught up in looking for the good "self help" or the "Christian Inspiration" books and forget that the REAL manual for life is right in front of me. Don't get me wrong, I think Christian Inspiration books are great and they are a good accent, but I don't think they should be put before God's word! One book I am making my way through right now is "Souvenirs of Solitude" by Brennan Manning! He is an amazing author/ ex-monk. He has incredible views and is real with his readers- which I appreciate! So check it out if you want to be challenged in your prayer life and learning the importance of silence/ solitude with the Lord.

FAMILY: The fam is doing good. The only real big deal going on right now is with my dad's mom. She was admitted to the hospital Wednesday after having her 5th stroke in the past 7ish years. She has been unconscious, not really responding to anything. But today she opened her eyes. She is still not responsive, but she at least opened her eyes!!

FRIENDS: I recently had an old friend come back into my life which has been amazing and completely surprising!! I am so thankful God led our journeys back together!! And I am truly blessed by their friendship!

HEALTH/FUN: I am endeavoring to start eating raw foods. I feel like I have put so much junk in my body and really discovering that we are what we eat. I believe that a lot of the diseases, pains, illnesses are products of how we treat our bodies. I feel like I could do a much better job taking care of the temple God has given me. I am not going to go raw overnight because I feel like it's going to be a lifestyle change and not a diet so I want to do it slowly and not just make an emotional decision, because we all know those don't last very long! haha But I will be including recipes and thoughts about how it's going with me concerning my new raw lifestyle.

JOB: I am still working for the production company.. which I LOVE!! It is a great job.. I am so very thankful for it! I am quickly realizing I enjoy the entertainment business! It is a fun and FAST business.. no day is the same, which if you know me, I LOVE! One of my co-workers had her last week this week :( She was offered a full time job in Austin, a lot closer to her home and so she took it. We will miss her deeply, but I will certainly be seeing her on the weekends!! :D

Living: I am moving this weekend into my own apartment. So that's starts my journey of complete independence.. paying my own rent... living alone.. being a big girl!! haha I am really excited. I will post pics once I have everything decorated and in place! :)

Thanks for reading and following me along my journey!! Love you guys!!

Grace and Peace,
Whit

Excerpt from "Souvenirs of Solitude":

Father because I am loved and I love I dont have to explain myself to you.
I dont have to excuse myself to you.
I dont have to abase myself before you.
You know all about me, and you call me friend.
You call me your delight.
You call me your beloved.

Because I am loved and I love I need not lie prostrate on my face before you.
I am free to run into the circle of your waiting arms, to enter the fullness of your embrace, to be held
safely
strongly
securely
against your heart.

Because I am loved and I love I dont have to worry about my response or lack of it.
I don't have to struggle with my desire to understand.
I dont have to wrestle with my feeling of unworthiness.
All I have to do is be still, stay close, and let you love me into wholeness.

Father, sometimes it's the hardest thing in the world just to be still,
stay close and let you love me.
But because I am loved and I love, I try.

Here I am Father,
Still, for once.
Closer than I've ever been.
Waiting. Accepting. Wanting.
Love me, Father.

No comments: