Thursday, July 1, 2010

Confessions...


EAT: Well today, I realized a few things about myself.. I am a sympathetic eater. If someone is stressed or sad, I will eat for them! No need for them to eat unnecessary calories and feel bad, I will sacrifice and eat a donut for them! I was not very "healthy" in my choices today... donuts get me every time!! They were delicious.. but they are so unfriendly! When have you ever eaten one donut and been satisfied. It seems like when you eat one sweet, it opens the floodgates. Maybe I'm alone in this... but sweets may seem like they are your friend.. but they just stab you in the back... or thighs!! This picture I found makes donuts look like they are food group or something healthy... very misleading!

PRAY: Last night I was reading in my devotional book by Beth Moore I just started called, "Jesus: 90 days with the One and Only". I was really challenged by the story of Jesus' birth.. Luke 2:1-7. One of the questions was, "What do you love most about celebrating the birth of Christ?"- I think being honest, I have never truly celebrated or had a party for Jesus, like I would anyone else. I have prayed on Christmas and told Jesus thank you, but that's about it. I have gotten so wrapped up in Christmas that I have forgotten Christ in Christmas! I want to change this though, I want Christ to feel celebrated on His birthday!

LOVE: 1 John 4:7 "Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God.

Grace and Peace,
Whit

No comments: