This week I am going to make dinner every night (monday-friday) with a Cooking Light recipe I got out of the "Cooking Light Recipe Makeovers" magazine I got on Friday! This magazine is still on the shelf so if you're interested in buying it, it's $10.99 at Walmart.
I would love it if you followed along and joined me in my cooking experience. I told my mom to get out of the kitchen this week, I'm taking over!!!!! :) I am going to post on my blog www.whitneyleininger.blogspot.com the recipes. I will post ingredients you will need a couple days before, but not tell you the dish along with the recipe until the night before. :) I want this to be interactive and most of all FUN!.. so if you are cooking along, please post comments about the dish or whatever here or on my blog..
All the recipes are randomly chosen and I have NEVER cooked any of them.. so I am not at any kind of advantage.. I also may not be a fan of everything I am trying to cook.. I am a pretty picky eater, so part of this is for me to branch out and try things that may be a little intimidating.. So, if fear is holding you back, lets jump in together!!
I am so excited!! I hope you join me!! It will be a blast!!! And if you know anyone else who would like to join in on the fun, please invite them to!
be challenged you crazy Cookers out there! :)
Below is the list of ingredients we are going to need for Monday.. dont even try to figure out what the recipe is... just buy the ingredients:
6 chicken thighs (skinned)
rosemary
salt
black pepper
canola oil
1 link hot turkey italian sausage... obviously the "hot" is optional.. mine will not be hot
1 cup of chopped onion
1 red bell pepper
1.5 cup Arborio or Valencia rice
1 plum tomato
sweet Paprika
1/4 tsp. saffron threads (crushed)
1 garlic clove
3 cups fat free chicken broth
3/4lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined
1 cup asparagus
1/2 cup frozen green beans
No comments:
Post a Comment