Monday, July 5, 2010

SUCESSSS!!


Well.. I would certainly have to give the Paella a 12 out of 10. It was SO good!! The easiness I would give a 6, 1 being the easiest thing ever! like toast and 10 being Ratatouille.

I definitely should have prepared all the vegetables and meat BEFORE I started cooking!! The recipe calls for me to keep stirring the ENTIRE time I cook and add ingredients, so I quickly discovered I was way in over my head when I started adding new things and had yet to cut it up... So what did I do?! I called SUPERMOM to the rescue!! :) My mom is so wonderful! She quickly came to my rescue... much like Batman comes to the rescue of those who send out the Batman signal.. I sent out the stressed out signal to my mom! Let's just say, she knows that look! haha

But nonetheless, with the generous and superhero powers of my mother, I was able to get the Paella safely in the oven! I had to cook it about 10 minutes longer than it called for.. because for some reason it was soupier than it should have been. We ended up draining some of the juice. I also used regular turkey sausage and added some Italian seasonings instead of the Italian Turkey Sausage because they didn't have mild at the store and I can't eat spicy. P.S. If you did this recipe then you have bought Safron and have quickly discovered it takes an arm and a leg to buy! But among all those things, it turned out DELICIOUS! This WILL be a remake!

I hope you had fun cooking tonight! See you tomorrow! :)

Grace and Peace,
Whit

P.S. I am going to go through the magazine and update what we will be cooking tomorrow night!! So check back in a few minutes for the next recipe!

No comments: